Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holiday Fun

I love the holidays.  I love the feelings that come with them, the memories they bring and the goodwill that strangers show to each other.

I also love making the cookies, candy and all the other treats that come along with it.  I had my friend and her little boy over to make cookies.  It was so fun!  He was very into rolling out the cookies and cutting them out!  Icing them was another story.  He iced about 3 cookies and he was finished.  He then proceeded to suck all the icing out of the bags.  It was hilarious!  I am not sure what time she got him to bed after all that sugar!

I found a recipe for powdered sugar icing that reminded me of the icing on the cookies from the doughnut shop from my hometown.  It was awesome!  It made me happy! 
Here it is:
1cup of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
add food coloring as desired
Mix and spread on the cooled cookies.  When the icing dries, it is shiny and smooth!  Plus it tastes super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment