Saturday, December 31, 2011

What I learned in 2011

It's officially a new year (and my birthday...yay!), so I thought I would compile a list of things I learned this year.  I haven't thought this through, it might be a short list...haha!

1. Independence is great, but having someone to lean on is even better.
2. It's ok to tell people no.
3. I learned how to sew this year, it has been a really fun hobby!
4. Even though you don't always get what you want when you want, there is usually a silver lining, you just might have to look for it.
5. Have a job you love is a huge bonus, no matter where you do it.
6. Being kind to everyone really does pay off, even if it just makes you feel better in that minute.
7. I am not going to please everyone all the time and I have to just let it go.
8. Even though people don't always know the right thing to say, it doesn't mean they don't care.
9. Infertility is an awful plague, I hope to find a cure one of these days and have a take home baby.
10. God is in control no matter how many times I take my troubles away from Him.

That is a good start.  I suppose I could always add more as I think of them, but this pretty much sums it up.  I hope this year find you with all that you want and need.  Just remember that everyone is fighting some kind of battle even if you would never be able to tell it from the outside.  I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment