Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...a little early

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I love Thanksgiving.  D and I are going to his parent's house for lunch and then I am going to travel 5 hours to get to my mom's house for Black Friday.  I am trying to talk her out of going at an asinine hour, but I will do whatever she wants!  I am almost done with my shopping but she has barely started!  I am just happy to be going to see her.  The only thing that would make it better would be if D could go with me too.  He has to work on Friday so it's a no go for him.  I think sometimes Thanksgiving is kind of lost in the hustle of Black Friday.  It makes me pretty sad, yet I fall into the trap.  I am a sucker for a good sale! 

So as not to lose Thanksgiving completely, I am going to count my blessings:

I am so glad for my relationship with God, He sustains me and gives me strength when I am weak
I am very thankful for D, who puts up with my severe insanity due to trying to have a baby
I have an awesome family
Great friends
I have wonderful church and church family
I have a good job that I love (most of the time)  :)
A nice home and vehicle
I truly don't want for much, I have everything I need

I think that most of the time people think they have what they have because of something they did, not the case in my situation.  I know that God led me to where I am today 10 years ago when he put me in my current location.  I had interviewed for several jobs, none were the right fit, until this one.  So I packed up and moved 4 hours away from anyone I knew to take this job and start my adventure.  Don't get me wrong, it has not all been easy.  I have had my heart broken, lost loved ones, made some terrible mistakes and had some pretty awesome times!  I wouldn't have had all this wonderfulness if I had ignored the voice of God.  I am wondering if I am missing God's voice because I am too wrapped up in my thoughts.  I need to stop and listen and see if I can find some answers.  I hope that over the long weekend I can spend some time reflecting and listening for His voice.  Wish me luck, being quiet and still is not my strong suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment