Saturday, January 26, 2013

What a week!

Oh my!  What a week it has been.  D had to go out of town on business.  While he was away, his suitcase was stolen from his vehicle while he was carrying other items up to his room.  In the suitcase were all of his clothes, his glasses, phone charger, toiletries, and fresh baked cookies!  D is a giant and it is hard for him to get all of his belongings replaced.  What I need to mention is that his medications were also in there.  This has not been a good thing at all for him to go for a week with no meds!  His blood pressure was through the roof and his moods are very dangerously grumpy!  He tried telling me he was doing fine without the medication and I called BS!  I could tell by the tones of our conversations, the agitation he felt about silly things, and how he acted towards me in general.  I know that this was beyond his control, but I will tell you, it has been a strain this week.  I was so worried because he kept telling me how good he felt and that he was doing ok without the meds.  I kept thinking to myself, that's what you think!  I told him today that I understand that his feelings are from the lack of meds and that everything will level out once he starts taking them again.  Even though I know the cause so many of the feelings of oh my, I am walking on eggshells again!  I am going to ride this out and keep going but man it is not easy!

I have also been in a mood this week myself.  This stress fracture in my foot is really cramping my style.  I am wearing the boot faithfully!  I have seriously over done it a few days though.  I put together a bench, a mirror and 2 bookcases to put in our entry way.  I have made it into a little reading area with a chair and lamp.  I will post some pictures when I get it all finished and polished!  Pinterest is going to make me go broke!

On another wonderful note, I am going to the beach!  I can't wait to go in April for spring break!  I am going with my bestie, her little boy, and nephew.  I know that is probably not going to be warm enough to really lay out on the beach, but it will be wonderful to smell the salty air and feel the sand between my toes!  We are going to stay here: Our Hotel

The baby front is pretty boring right now.  I think we had pretty good timing this cycle so we will see if it worked or not.  I should start my period around February 5.  I don't hold my breath anymore about getting pregnant.  I guess if the day ever happens, I will be ecstatic and go with it.  The way I look at it now (that it is never going to happen) is for self preservation.

Weight loss front, I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks!  I am thrilled!  If I can do 2 lbs a week, I can lose 30 lbs by the time I hit the beach.  I really wish I could get on the elliptical.  I think I am going to try next week, giving my foot a little more time to heal.  I think I will be able to do it since there is very little impact on my foot once I step on the pedal.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment