Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 4--A favorite book

Books, I love everything about them.  I love they way the smell, the way they feel in my hands, the way they sound when you open them for the first time.  Books are magical, they can take you anywhere or no where, it depends on what you are looking for!  I am a teacher so I try to instill this love of books to my students.  So I will choose a children's book and a grown up book!

Children's book:
Harold and the Purple Crayon
I love this book for so many reasons.  I think this book really shows us all how far our imagination can take us.  It also shows if you remember where you come from you can always go back home.  Ok, so maybe I put in too much thought into this kind of thing but hey, I love books!

Grown up book:
Secret Life of Bees
I found this to be much more difficult...I am actually struggling to think of the last grown up book I read...I really like several author's and read most of their work. I did not choose a book from one of those authors oddly enough.  This book, which was made into a movie, follows a young white girl in 1964 who is looking for her mother's past.  Her trip takes her to South Carolina during the Civil Rights Movement.  It is a truly touching book that shows the goodness in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment