Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween

I went to a Halloween party last night.  I went as Gilligan, D was supposed to be my Skipper, but he did not get home from work in time.  I think I am getting old.  I was home from the party, which started at 7, by 11:30 and in bed by 11:40!  I did have a great time.  It was a very small gathering and it was very subdued.  Very out of character for this party, and this was my eighth year going.  I guess time does change everything.  I am not going to say that it was a bad change, because I still laughed and had a great time, but still it was a change.  The food was awesome and the company was even better.  Since I am trying to maintain some anonymity, no pictures, you will just have to trust me when I say my costume was awesome!

Sunday is our Church Fall Festival.  I know this is going to be a great time.  My church is full of awesome people who really care about our kids having a safe place to go.  My bestie and I are going to do a table together with a Jack-O-Lantern theme.  I made tons of little foam Jack-O-Lanterns yesterday while I was supposed to be working.  :)  We have some cute things to decorate with.  I think I am more excited about these festivities than anything else I think!

Now to the real Halloween.  I have trick or treat night.  I always find other things to do so I am not home.  I don't like people stopping at my house.  I have nightmares that someone checks out what we have and comes back to rob me in the night.  Traveling salesmen do the same thing to me.  That might qualify me for freak status but what can I say, I have no control over it!  I liked going trick or treating as a child and never thought about it.  Of course, I did not trick or treat at strangers' homes.  My mom only took us to people that we knew.  I don't remember getting the bushel baskets of candy that kids get nowadays.  We had enough to MAYBE last us a week if we divvied it out accordingly. I think my brothers ate much more than I did!  :)

I am not sure what kind of Halloween parent I am going to be yet.  Of course, I don't have to worry about it just yet.  I am in the 2 week wait though, so we will see if maybe by next year we might have a little pumpkin!  Keep your fingers crossed and prayers coming!

So readers, do you have a favorite Halloween memory?  Any thoughts or ideas on Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment