Friday, October 7, 2011

Spa weekend

Every year me and my girls go somewhere for a long weekend.  This year we went to the Stonewall Resort in West Virginia.  It was awesome!  Stonewall Resort

I should start out by saying, I have never had a massage before.  I decided this time I was going to bite the bullet and go for it.  I enjoyed it.  It is not something I feel like I have to do all the time though.  I did have to tell the guy to lighten up on the pressure.  I was sore the next day too!  Fifty minutes is a really long time for me to be left with my own thoughts.  I chuckled to myself several times, especially when he was working on my feet.  The sound of someone rubbing lotion between their hands grosses me out.  I did enjoy the massage, don't get me wrong, just not something I want to do all the time.  I am thinking once a year is good enough for me!  I thoroughly enjoyed the pedicure though!  I could do those every month and be happy!

Since my group of friends have 16 kids between them, it was awesome being able to get away together and just spend the weekend relaxing.  The weather was kind of rainy so it forced us to relax.  Some of my girls are going through some crappy life things so it was so needed for all of us.  We laughed, we cried, we sang and we prayed.  I am pretty sure that made it a full weekend. 

We met some really sweet old ladies.  They thought we were in college!  Since we range in age from 38-mid-twenties, that made us feel really great! I had to laugh when they said, when you get as old as us, everyone looks young!  They were very spunky!

I think the game of Truth or Dare made the weekend very interesting.  Let's just say, the dares were pretty awesome!  It is amazing how a group of girls could go for 3 straight days and never run out of things to talk about.  We did our best to help each other and be there for whoever needed to talk.  I just pray that things work out for the best for my besties!

No comments:

Post a Comment