Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 16--A Favorite Food

I am very big into "comfort food". I have very fond memories of growing up and watching my mom or grandmother in the kitchen just cooking away. The smell of a chicken simmering on the stove, the smell of fresh bread in the oven or the smell of a warm pie just coming out of the oven always brings a smile to my face! My favorite meal is homemade chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes and peas. It's nothing but carbs but it makes me all warm inside. I guess it is not even as much the food as it is the feelings and memories that it evokes for me. I think that food is such an important part of social functions, especially in my family, that I can relate most of my memories to food! I guess I am going to end here before I get so hungry I have to go cook something!

No comments:

Post a Comment