Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Frustration

This has been a tough week for me.  I was so hopeful for our chances of being pregnant.  It was going to be perfect, I was going to test on Sunday the 10th so I could tell D on the 11th, which happened to be our anniversary.  See, perfect I say!  Until it wasn't.  I started on Sunday, so I felt like a failure.  D has NEVER made me feel that way, it is a pressure that I put on myself.  So we have started cycle 13.  Thirteen can be lucky right?!
On another note, I got a bill in the mail for blood work this week.  YIKES! is all I have to say about that!  $1611 for blood work!!!  Come to find out my insurance company immediately boots anything regarding PCOS out as they label it infertility.  My insurance does not cover anything infertility related at all.  So after about 10 phone calls later, my doctor's office said they would take care of it.  The office manager warned me it could take up to two months for it to go through but not to pay the bill.  That worries me...I never just let a bill go.
Apparently I was glutton for punishment this week.  I called the insurance company for a second time to check to see if an HSG is covered (knowing the answer).  After pushing seven hundred buttons and listening to a million different menu options, I finally get a real person.  She tells me she can't tell me anything about the HSG without a code from my doctor's office.  I call my ob/gyn's office.  I am transferred to 5 different people before speaking to a very helpful lady.  She told me that an HSG is not covered by my insurance since it would be coded as infertility.  She did tell me to talk to my doctor and that she would  try to help me how she could to get the test down at a reduced rate, etc.  I am not going to lie, when I hung up I cried.  Not so much because the test is not covered but just from the sheer frustration that I felt from this whole mess.
D and I are going to have to make some decisions on how far we want to go with trying to get pregnant.  I do know that D is going to have to have a semen analysis done, which he has agreed to, it is just getting the appointment set up.  I want to have the HSG done one way or another.  I have researched the cost of IUI if it comes to that and it is doable if we have to pay out of pocket.  With no infertility coverage, we are not going to be able to do IVF.  So here we are, 13 cycles in and still no baby.  I am trying to stay hopeful and be the eternal optimist, but I have had to hide all the pregnant people from my facebook feed, lame I know.
That was quite the ramble, but here's to cycle 13 and finding some hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment