Friday, July 29, 2011

What a week!

I went to visit my family this week.  I had a great time but I came home VERY tired!  My sister and her husband are raising their grandson.  He is 21 months old, don't ask why they are raising him....we will just say stupid is hard to overcome.  So my BIL had to have knee surgery this week so they needed someone to watch the baby.  My mom and I were up for the challenge.  First I just have to say, he was the BEST baby I have ever watched.  If he started having a mini-meltdown, all I had to do was say, that's enough and he would quit!  It was insane!  We went for walks, he colored in his coloring books, he watched some little cartoons, and played with the toys.  He went to sleep on his own and even told me when he was tired and ready for bed.  It was so wonderful and enjoyable!  I will admit, it makes me long so much for my own baby.  I am starting to feel quite desperate.  We have been trying for 13 cycles, 14 months.  Other people are starting to "lap me".  I got a facebook message from a quasi friend telling me they are pregnant with number 2.  We are not great friends so I don't understand why he felt the need to tell me personally.  Oh well, I just have to remember that other people being pregnant is not keeping me from getting pregnant.

On a totally different note, I am so not ready to go back to work on the 4th...I have not had enough summer vacation!

2 comments:

  1. =[ I truly hope you get your sweet baby soon. You sound like you are more than ready to be a mother. I hope this is your cycle! <3

    ReplyDelete