Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Quote

“Expecting life to treat you well just because you’re a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge you because you’re a vegetarian.”  (I don't know who said it or wrote it)

I found this quote very funny, and not really haha funny.  I often hear this from people, "Why is this happening, I am a good person?!" Yeah, well sometimes bad things happen to good people.  Sometimes good things don't happen to good people.  Here is how I look at life.  Bad things are going to happen, that's life.  It is how you choose to handle the experience and how you use it in the future that makes you who you are. 

I try not to judge people, and I say try, since I am only human.  You never know the weight of the burdens that person is carrying with them.  In case you are wondering, I am a glass is half full type of gal.  I think that is one of my better qualities.  I had to actively become this type of person.  I did not have an idealistic childhood, my parents were divorced, we were poor, and there were just several other happenings that kept it from being perfect.  I could have easily have decided to wallow in the past and become bitter about what we didn't have, but I know my parents did the best they could and that's why I work as hard as I do.  I want to provide more for my future children.  No matter how poor we were, there was NEVER a time that I wondered if my parents loved me, I knew.  They showed me in all they ways they could.  They showed me in ways that were not monetary.  They gave hugs and kisses, provided  for my basic needs and so on.  We had picnics, went to the park, played games, and spent time together.  I hope I can be as good of a parent to my future children as my parents were to me. 

I do know, even though I am a "good person", that I might not be able to have my own child.  If that is the case, D and I will cross that bridge when we get to it.  We know that we are no more "deserving" than anyone else.  Whatever is in store for us, we will make the most of it and remember the bull doesn't care if we are a vegetarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment