Saturday, August 27, 2011

Memories

I was driving home from the grocery store, jamming to some tunes when "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany came on.  I am very much a child of the late 80s and early 90s, it brought back wonderful memories!  My cousin is 9 months younger than me and lived within shouting distance so we were together ALL THE TIME!  We would choreograph dances and lip sync for hours in our grandparent's utility room.  We had a battery operated tape player and used hair brushes for microphones.  Occasionally we could get my older brother to lip sync with us if there was a boy part in a song, but most of the time he was way too cool!  It was such a simpler time, never a worry.  We played outside, rode our bikes, had picnics and climbed trees.  We came in at dark filthy dirty with a jar of lightening bugs (fireflies for my readers in other areas of the country).  We splashed in the mud puddles after a big summer rain and rolled down the hill in the back yard giggling all the way.  It is my job to make sure future kids can recall great memories like these!

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.
Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment