Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sundays

I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays.  First I will start with why I love Sundays.  I stay in bed on Sundays and watch TV until it is time to get ready for church.  It is the quiet time I like to start my week off with.  I pray, reflect and just enjoy the slow pace of the day.  Then I worship with my church family.  I use the term family because that is truly what it is.  I go to a church where members truly care for one another.  We take care of each other and if someone is not there, you call and check if they are ok, or drop a message of some sort to let them know you missed them.  On our way out of church, D and I discuss the sermon, what it meant to us, how we can apply it to our lives and what we need to work on.  I always laugh to myself because D always says, the preacher outdid himself today!  D has not been able to go with me as often as he likes due to some work issues, but today I was happy he did.  We often go out to lunch after church, which is nice since it kind of feels like a date, since we don't have much time together with him working out of town all week.  Since Sunday is my last day before work so I enjoy a well-deserved nap! I am here to tell you, I can tell a difference in my week if I do not start it out with church.  I am grumpier and feel far more overwhelmed by the small stuff.  I think church brings me back to God in a way that even praying and reading my Bible cannot.

Now to why I dislike (hate is really too strong of a word) Sundays.  D leaves on Sundays to go back to work, which is the biggest reason.  You know the crazy part, I lived alone for 8 years before we got together and did just fine, I was NEVER lonely or bored!  Now that he has been around for the past few years, I sometimes find that I don't know what to do with myself.  So I find myself filling my evenings with my friends and phone calls, but it is certainly not the same.  Darn those men for getting into our hearts and minds and making us act like silly girls!  I feel like sometimes I am back in my teen years, you remember the way it goes....you hang up first, no you hang up first!  Ok, We don't really do that but seriously after we have discussed all we have to talk about, we are listening to each other breathe!  Yet we can't seem to hang up since that is our way of being connected while he is away.

Another dislike, it is my last day before work on Monday.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE my job and I am so fortunate to do something I love.  My kiddos come back to school tomorrow so I am a little more stressed than normal!  I keep telling myself that it is going to be fine and the kids will love us and we will not have very many criers!

I hope you start your week out in a way that makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment